We have collected the cutest Star Wars crafts and activities for you and the kids to stay entertained. Enjoy!
1. Lightsaber tag
All you need for this game is some pool noodles (cut in half) and black duct tape to wrap around the bottom to act as the handle. Easy! Wrap duct tape around the middle of one noodle to act as the dual blade lightsaber.
- The child who gets the dual blade lightsaber is 'it'.
- When whoever is 'it' tags another child, they have to freeze for 5 seconds (just like Han Solo when he was frozen in carbonite).
- To unfreeze the child stuck in carbonite, another child has to crawl under their legs.
- A child with a normal lightsaber can become 'it' by tagging the dual lighsaber. The two kids switch weapons, and play continues.
Feel free to adapt these rules to make them fit your group's needs.
2. Chewbacca Paper Bag Puppet
All you need for this fun puppet is a paper bag, brown paint, a fork, a glue stick, and black and white paper.
- Dip the fork into the brown paint, and stamp it on the paper bag in a downward facing lines to create the fur. Cover the whole bag.
- While the paint is drying, cut out Chewy's bandolier, eyes, and nose out of black construction paper. Cut out his teeth and four or five rectangles from white paper.
- After paint has dried, glue on the construction paper parts.
- Draw a line down the middle of the bandolier to make it look like it is holding the white rectangles on.
3. Printable popsicle stick puppets
These little puppets are so cute, and great for putting on your own Star Wars show at home. All you need is a printer, some cardstock or other thick paper, popsicle sticks, and tape. Find the free printable at Busy Mom's Helper.
4. An entire printable activity book!
Busy Mom's Helper also created an amazing printable activity book filled with adorable Star Wars themed activities. These books would be great for bringing on a road trip or to work on during a rainy day. Find the free download here, and print away!